Manager of Administrative Division, Racehorse Hospital, Ritto Training Center
Japan Racing Association
- Thoroughbred racing
- Racing administrator (official veterinarian)
- International harmonization of Racing Rules
- Exercise physiology
- Internal medicine and surgery of horses
- Education (diffusion of equine veterinary medicine)
- Doctor of Philosophy(PhD)
Conferred by Faculty of Agriculture, University of Tokyo (Tokyo Japan)
February 2, 2009. Doctorate Number: 17090
Specialized in respiratory function and lower respiratory disease in racehorses.
- Veterinary License
Issued by Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries Japanese Government
Date of Registration: 1 April 1997. License Number: 35336
- Bachelor of Veterinary Medicine
Graduated from College of Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine, Nihon University (Kanagawa, Japan) on March 25, 1997 completing all required undergraduate (six-year) course.
- Highly trained for racing regulatory veterinary officer dealing with medication control, accident management, welfare issues, and hygiene control.
- More than 15 years’ experience in general practice in horseracing field.
- Fully experience for orthopedic, abdomen and respiratory surgery.
- PERMITTED TREATING VETERINARIAN of Fdration Equestre Internationale since July 2017
- Adjunct Instructor of Faculty of Agriculture Veterinary Course, Tokyo University since 2016
- Member of editorial board of Japanese Society of Equine Science since January 2013
- Adjunct Instructor of College of Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine, Nihon University since 2012
- Member of Veterinary Surgeons Board of Hong Kong since 2011
- Member of Japanese Society of Equine Science since October 2007
More recent publications
1. Einhorn L, Hofstetter G, Brandt S, Hainisch E.K, Fukuda I, Kusano K, Scheynius A, Mittermann I, Resch-Marat Y, Vrtala S, Valenta R, Marti E, Rhyner C, Crameri, R, Satoh R, Teshima R, Tanaka A, Sato H, Matsuda H, Pali-Schöll I, Jensen-Jarolim E., Molecular allergen profiling in horses by microarray reveals Fag e 2 from buckwheat as a frequent sensitizer. Allergy 2018 January doi: 10.1111/all.13417
2. Kusano K, Yamazaki M, Kiuchi M, Kaneko K, Koyama K., Reference range of blood biomarkers for oxidative stress in Thoroughbred racehorses (2–5 years old). Journal of Equine Science 2016 September Vol.27 No.3 pp. 125-129.
3. Tsuzuki N, Sasaki N, Kusano K, Endo Y, Torisu S., Oxidative stress markers in Thoroughbred horses after castration surgery under inhalation anesthesia. Journal of Equine Science 2016 September Vol.27 No.2 pp. 77-79.
4. Kusano K, Nomura M, Toju K, Ishikawa Y, Minamijima Y, Yamashita S, Nagata S., Pharmacokinetics of procaterol in thoroughbred horses. J Vet Pharmacol ther. 2015 Nov5: doi: 10.1111/jvp.12272.
5. Yamazaki M, Kusano K, Ishibashi T, Kiuchi M, Koyama K., Intravenous infusion of H2-saline suppresses oxidative stress and elevates antioxidant potential in Thoroughbred horses after racing exercise., Sci Rep. 2015 OCT: doi: 10.1038/srep15514
6. Kuroda T, Nagata S, Takizawa Y, Tamura N, Kusano K, Mizobe F, Hariu K., Pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of d-chlorpheniramine following intravenous and oral administration in healthy Thoroughbred horses., Vet J, 2013 197(2): 433-37.
7. Murase H, Sakai S, Kusano K, Hobo S, Nambo Y., Serum Zinc Levels and Their Relationship with Diseases in Racehorses., J Vet Med Sci. 2013 75(1): 37-41.